Thursday, December 24, 2009

Part 7: FC-18 (Postlouge)

Her eyelashes were beautiful …

I felt like an electron that reached its own orbit after emitting energy, an orbit I can be in forever or a coin that now settled at the bottom of a wish tank after changing hands all its life or like a dew drop that left the sky during a rattling storm but found the comforting solace of a glass blade in a remote landscape…

It took me a week to find the love that I searched for years.

Oh besides the fact that I am emotionally challenged and in grip of my own self-absorbing, reality-evading thoughts and mind boggling imagination … another fact is that life is much simpler then expected if we can look without the glass of perception…

Yes I can give all the gyan now because it all unfolded well for me …

She slept blissfully while I lay alongside, sleepless and mesmerized… looking at her …

I still don’t know how mom convinced Retired Major Mahinder Singh Shekhawat to give the hand of his daughter to a Punjabi-Iyenger guy he already hated. He hated me because it was me because of whom his daughter stalled marriage for so long. Every time I ask details, mom says that I can’t comprehend or understand… all I can do is to thank mom everyday for the rest of my life…

I evaluated the chances of waking her up if I kissed her eyes…

The never-ending assignment in Australia, the desperation to be back and get married, the long phone calls, the planning of honeymoon over a web-ex and a seven hour rajasthani wedding …

I kissed, I woke her up, she complained in her very sleepy voice “Go to sleep, tomorrow there is a status call at eight…” and she rolled over to bury her face in my shoulder…

I thanked mom from the bottom of my heart and drifted to sleep…


*** The End ***

4 comments:

~fannan said...

Then the night said, "Let there be dreams!"

Kiran said...

" all I can do is to thank mom everyday for the rest of my life… " I say this shamelessly, I do the same and I will do this the rest of MY life.. ;)

"The never-ending assignment in Australia, the desperation to be back and get married, the long phone calls, the planning of honeymoon over a web-ex and a seven hour wedding"
I can feel this emotion better now.. :P

such a lovely postlogue, now I am even more longing go back to bangalore.. :(

Mahesh said...

I've been writing and re-writing this comment for so long but Wow!!! is all i can say :)

Prady said...

I like Happy Ending...

Nice story...
Kudos to the author... !!!!

Eagerly waiting for next story !!!